Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Currently... December 2020

Welcome to December!  Y'all - we have almost made it!  One more month and we can put this whole phenomenon of 2020 behind us.  It's true that all the stress that followed us through this year won't just disappear at the stroke of midnight when we roll into 2021, but at least we can put this year behind us and consider this a fresh start of sorts.



Working On:  Lots of Etsy orders.  I am happy to say that it's been a good holiday season for my shop so far.  I hope that continues on into the new year!

I've also been decorating for Christmas.  I was ready to start putting out my Christmas decor back at the beginning of November, but when I mentioned that to the two fella in the house I was told by one that I shouldn't decorate until the 15th of November.  The other one told me to wait until after Thanksgiving.  So, I waited...

Celebrating:  It seems pretty obvious, right?  It's December and that means Christmas!  I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet focused on the things that really matter during this season.  

I'm also celebrating that after a dismal first and second quarter, (as well as most of the third) for my Etsy shop, the last few months have been some of the best I have had since starting.

Loving:  For a few years now I have been thinking about getting a Christmas tree for the dining room.  A thin "pencil" tree to fit in front of the sliding glass door beside the coffee station. I finally decided to go for it this year.  And I am just thrilled with it!  It was worth the wait.  I put all of my gingerbread and Christmas candy decorations.  It's such a nice touch to that space.

Wanting/Needing:  I need to sort out my One Word for next year.  There's; a word that keeps coming up; that I feel as if I am being pressed toward.  But truth be told - I'm resisting it.  It is not a word I would normally think of or select, especially after the year we've just been through. So, I keep hoping that I'll find another word.

Dreaming About:  Snow! Am I crazy?  Maybe. They are calling for a few inches in the mountains just north of here  tonight into tomorrow.  And I wish we would see at least a few flurries down this way.  That would really make it feel like the Christmas season!


December Goals:  

Keeping it very simple for the busiest month of the year! 

  • I will bake Christmas cookies with the grandkid
  • I will complete and mail all orders on time
  • I will select my One Word for 2021


Are you ready for this month?  Drop a comment and let me know what you have planned for the holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!