Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Saying "Thank You" to Delivery Drivers!

 If you're like me, this has been the year when you fully utilized the various delivery services available in your area.  From Instacart to Amazon, to Shipt - I have tried them all over the course of 2020.  Between grocery delivery for most of the year and now having done all of my Christmas shopping online - the delivery drivers could probably find my house blindfolded by now.  (You know... if they really had to.  I personally wouldn't recommend trying it)

I wanted to do something to thank the delivery drivers for all their hard work throughout the past year.  They have made it so much easier for me to stay in isolation as much as possible and keep myself safer from the pandemic.  So, when I saw this idea on Pinterest I thought it was just perfect for the situation.



I ordered a variety of individually wrapped snacks.  In this case - trail mix, granola bars, crackers, some rice krispie bars for any sweet tooths (sweet teeth?), and some bottled waters.

I set up a selection of the snacks in a small basket along with a few of the water bottles, printed up a cute free sign that I found HERE. (Thank you MoneyFitMoms.com!) 

When I placed the basket by the front door where it was sure to be seen last week, I had some doubts about how the whole thing would work.  But each day when I brought it inside, a few snacks would be gone, along with a bottle of water or two.  

I even heard the UPS driver call out "Thank you!" from the front porch.  And one Instacart driver sent me a message through the app that it was "the sweetest thing ever!"  

I hope it has helped them to know that their work to keep the rest of us well-supplied through the difficulties that 2020 sent our way is greatly appreciated!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!