Monday, May 2, 2022

Currently - May 2022

Hooray for May!  

It's a brand new month and I am hoping and praying that things quiet down a little and give me a chance to catch my breath. But, if I'm being honest with myself, I think it's going to be another crazy and busy one. 

Working On:  I have been busy working on new items to build up the ready-to-ship stock in my Etsy shop. Lots of new cotton washcloths and dish cloths will be added in May!

I am also still working to purge my wardrobe and get it reorganized. Last month I completed the closet and this month I am on to the dresser.

Celebrating: The usual May happenings - Mother's Day and Memorial Day. Maybe a little Cinco deal Mayo, because any excuse to eat tacos works for me. And May the Fourth because my family are a bunch of Star Wars nerds. One of my nephews has a birthday this week. And my own "baby" turns 24 at the end of the month.

Needing/Wanting: I have a beautiful handcrafted iron hook rack that my father made for me several years ago when he took a blacksmithing course.  It hangs in my kitchen/dining area and right now it has a few aprons hanging from it.  Recently, I have been looking at it and thinking that I would like to do something a little more styled and polished with it. Make it a little more decorative. I have been scouring Pinterest and Instagram for inspiration and have a few thoughts. If you have any suggestions, be sure to share them in the comments!

Eating:  One if my favorite things about the warmer months is all the fresh fruits. I am eagerly awaiting watermelon, peaches, and nectarines. Until then, I have been enjoying fresh strawberries like they're candy.

Loving: Plants.  My spring flowers - daffodils, tulips, azalea, and lilacs have done especially well this year. And after taking a break because of being transplanted, the peonies have buds and I look forward to them blossoming this month. My houseplants are also doing well and showing signs of growth!

May Goals:

  • Rearrange and Spring clean living room
  • Paint wall in stairwell
  • Purge and reorganize dresser
  • Write 3 blog posts per week
  • Read 3 books
  • List 15 new items in Etsy shop

What are your plans for May?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!