Monday, May 23, 2022

It Didn't Go As Planned

 Last week did not go as planned.

The Man of the House was out of town for a work thing, and I expected to use this time to accomplish some of the goals I had for myself this month.  But I had one or two unexpected (but not unpleasant) things come up that took precedence over what I had originally planned. So, a whole lot of things didn't get marked off my to-do list.

Life is just like that sometimes. When it happens, you have two choices:

1. You can get stressed out.  

Sure, I could have made myself crazy trying to complete my list and enjoy the unexpected all at the same time.  I could have gotten frustrated that my plans were changed.  Or I could beat myself up over all the goals not checked off this week.

But, honestly, what good would any of those things do?  None.

2. You can go with the flow.

Enjoy the unexpected. Make the most of it. The goals will probably still be there when you are able to get to them. If not, maybe they weren't that important to begin with. 🤷

Now, I can't say that I don't hope that this week goes smoothly and I can get everything completed that I need and want to do. But, if it doesn't go as planned, hopefully I will accept that will grace and joy.

Goals for this week:

  • Complete 2 new items for Etsy shop
  • Photograph 3 new items for Etsy shop
  • Write 3 blog posts
  • Separate cotton yarn
  • Rearrange and Spring clean living room


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!