Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Currently... June 2022

It's June, which means we're heading into the middle months of the year.  Somehow this got me to thinking about a lot about midlife and comparing the two. 

As we head into midlife, we often think that the best of life is behind us. That we are no longer as relevant or productive as we used to be. But when we look at the year, we might see that isn't true. At this point of the year, things have just warmed up. In the middle of the year, the most fruitful months are still to come. Some of the biggest and most joyful celebrations of the year are still to come.  

Perhaps we could learn from the year and think of life in the same way - that our most fruitful, most joyful, most celebratory days are yet to come!

Working On: I'm still focused on getting some to be purged, cleaned up, and reorganized. This month I will be sorting and reorganizing my cotton yarns. I had originally planned to do.this last month, but other things came up and I kept putting it off. I also have plans to clean out the cabinet where I store my spices and set up a new system for keeping them organized.

Celebrating: The only "official" celebration this month is, of course, Father's Day. I would also like to start focusing more on celebrating the little things in my life. I'm not quite sure what that's going to look like, but I think it's part of living an abundant life.

Wanting/Needing: You know what? I can't think of anything! I mean, I'm sure I could come up with something I want if I took time to really think about it. But, right off the top of my head - I'm drawing a blank. I suppose that's a good thing. I must be pretty satisfied with how things are right now.

Eating: I know I said it last month, but I am eating so much fruit. We bought our first whole watermelon of the season last weekend, and if that was any indication of what's to come - its going to be a great year for melons!  I have been eating cherries like candy. I'm still looking for good peaches and nectarines, but it's a bit early in the season. 

Loving: The man and I have been taking advantage of the annual passes for Biltmore Estate that we bought as our anniversary present to ourselves. The past two weekends we've taken the dogs and gone for a nice long hike on the estate.  

Goals for June:

  • Organize cotton yarns
  • Create Sunday posts for 3rd quarter 
  • Create Thankful Thursday templates for 3rd quarter
  • Read 3 books
  • Post 10 new listings to Etsy shop
  • Crochet a top for myself 

What are your plans or goals for June?

1 comment:

  1. I googled Biltmore Estate, it's gorgeous. What a fun Anniversary gift! June for me is incredibly busy at work. I'm hoping by the middle of the month to be able to relax a little, read some books, and maybe fly to San Diego for a couple days to see my sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!