Friday, July 1, 2022

Currently... July 2022

 Maybe you noticed that the blog wasn't very active in June.  

I haven't felt much like writing recently.  Not here.  Not in my personal journal.  Even my Instagram captions have been sort of... meh.  I've been in a bit of a creative slump for the past few weeks.  Call it a case of writer's burn-out. Or something like that.  

Its not just my writing, though. My Etsy shop is also stuck in the doldrums. Sales have been in a huge slump for the past couple of months. I've actually found myself wondering if I should just shut it down. 😳

Hopefully, July brings the energy levels back up and my creativity back on track!


Working On: I have been trying to take advantage of this quiet time in my Etsy shop to create some readymade items for new listings. I also made a blanket to gift our neighbors who are expecting. And this week I am going to start crocheting a top for myself.

Celebrating:  July is always a big month for celebrations in our family. There's the fourth, which means a nice long weekend and the Man of the House cooking something yummy on the grill.  My youngest niece turns 18 this month.  And my "baby" girl also has a big birthday at mid month. 

Wanting/Needing: Clearly, I need a little something to help me get my creative mojo back! (In the case of my yarn work, would that be "cro-jo"?)

Eating: I'm still on a produce kick. Berries, watermelon,and stone fruits. Plates of raw veggies with hummus or another dip for lunches. Salads or a plate of vegetables for dinner. Little to no cooking is a bonus!

Loving:  The grandkid is on summer break and that means we get to spend several days together each week. I try do do some kind of baking with him each week. And every day after lunch we sit down and read a book together. 

Goals for July:

  • Write 3 blog posts per week
  • List at least 5 new items to Etsy shop
  • Read 3 books
  • Clean up office/craft room
  • Crochet top for myself
  • Max: check up at Vet
What's on your list for July?


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a few things happening this month, but not too crazy. I tend to over do it, you know, say yes to a few things and then realize it's all happening within a few days of each other. Then add the planning and tear down of said events... I have to work on saying no and keeping time for myself. This month the big thing is VBA at our church. It starts on the 11th and we've already had two building walk-throughs to discuss decor and set ups. I have to readjust the custodians schedules and some are on long vacations... so when I have a day with nothing planned, the family will often come over and we play cards and sit outside under the canopy. Quiet leisure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!