Wednesday, July 6, 2022

My Chocolate Cake is Better Than Your Chocolate Cake

Tomorrow is World Chocolate Day!  And who doesn't like a little chocolate?  

Ok.. sure, I know not everyone likes chocolate.  But for the rest of us, who know a good thing when we see it (kidding!!) - I thought I would share my favorite chocolate cake recipe.  This starts with a basic devil's food cake boxed mix, making it super simple.  It builds from there, making it into something extraordinarily decadent!


My son requests this cake almost every year for his birthday. Which is about the only time I make it. It is so rich and chocolate-y, I can only handle once a year. (Maybe twice.)

Be sure to serve it with a side of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk!

Over-The-Top Chocolate Cake



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a bundt pan with vegetable oil and flour or baking spray
  2. Blend cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, and eggs in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.  Scrape down the side of the bowl. Mix on medium for 2 to 3 minutes until well blended.
  3.  Fold in both types of chocolate chips until well distributed
  4.  Pour batter into the pan, smoothing the top
  5.  Place on middle oven rack and bake 50 to 55 minutes - or until done
  6.  Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan
  7.  Once the cake is cool, melt chocolate frosting in microwave and slowly pour it over cake

What's your favorite cake?  Let me know in the comments!  



1 comment:

  1. For me Step 1 would be: Go buy a bundt pan. But that is an easy recipe, I love it. And that cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!