Wednesday, February 1, 2023

February 2023

So long, January! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!  Whew... I am more than a little bit glad that month is over with.

January was a mixed bag - and mostly a blur.  I experienced the joy of celebrating my grandson's 11th birthday, a frustrating experience trying to switch my cell phone carrier, having to cancel a short trip to see my mom, and a whole lot of dental drama.

Let's start with the dental drama...

On the 12th, I went in for a dental implant to replace a molar, and all seemed well.  On the 21st, my pain levels suddenly increased. The dentist suspected possible infection and put me on an antibiotic.

I went in on Tuesday the 24th to have it checked.  He removed the upper part and cleaned the implant, applying antibiotic ointment to everything. From there, my pain levels kept increasing,  so on the 26th, I was back at his office.  

That time, when he went to remove the upper portion,  the entire implant came out with it! It hadn't even begun to integrate with the bone. So, the space was cleaned out and refilled with material for a bone graft and sutured. 

This all happened just as I was supposed to go spend a day with my mom. Which explains why I had to cancel on her. The good news is that other than some soreness from the injections for local anesthesia,  my pain was 1000%  better.  Now, the graft has to heal for 6 months, and then we can try to place the implant again. (Which, right now, I'm not so sure I want to do).

I am ready to put all of that behind me and move forward to better and brighter things in February.

Our second grandson is expected to make his grand entrance at the end of the month. Which is just about the best thing I can think of. We've waited a long time for more grands, and I can't wait to meet this little guy!

My work cleaning and reorganizing my home office is going slower than I expected. It seems as if it is a case of two steps forward, one step back. I get an area done and feel good about that. Then I start a new section, and all of the sudden it looks like a bomb went off and I feel like you can't tell that I've done anything or made any progress at all. But, I keep plugging away at it and hope to have things completed by the end of February.

I am pleased to say that I completed my entire reading list for January.  February's list is a little longer. This month I plan to read: The Second Life of Mirielle West by Amanda Skenandore, Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results by Stephen Guise, Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune, Simply Tuesday by Emily P Freeman, and The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood. 

My goals for February are:

  • Finish organizing home office
  • Complete crocheting set for new grandbaby
  • Walk the stairs for 2 minutes each day
  • Post at least 5 new items to my Etsy shop
  • Schedule vet appointment for Max
What are your plans for February?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!