Friday, February 3, 2023

Love

If you've read my One Word for 2023 post, you know that this year I decided that I will also have a word for each month.  (if you haven't read that post yet - go ahead and do it now. I'll be right here when you're done)

My word for February is Love.


It seems appropriate since this is the month of Valentine's day, but I'm not focusing on romance when I think about the word love. For the month of February (and beyond) love is about so much more than hearts, and cupids, and chocolates.

When I think about a life of Love, for me, it all starts with Mstthew 22:37-39.

Love God.  Love others as yourself. So, this month I will focus on:

Loving God.  Taking time each day to read Scripture and to pour out my heart to him in prayer.  To meditate on what His word says about His love for me. And what it tells me I should be doing to love others. 

Loving myself.  Showing myself appreciation..  Focusing on the beauty and strength of my body and spirit instead of perceived negatives.  Appreciating the stage of life I am in and living it to the fullest. Showing myself some kindness in the form of self-care.  And treating myself to activities and things that bring me joy.

Loving others. Making time to connect with family and friends. Telling the people I care about that I love them - with both words and actions. Expressing kindness to others.  Treating them the way I would want to be treated.

And, yes - since Valentine's day is this month, I'm sure there will be some lovey-dovey,  romantic moments with the Man of the House tossed in for good measure. And maybe some chocolates. Because- why not?





5 comments:

  1. great reminder for all of us to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m learning to appreciate both vertical and horizontal dimensions of love! Belated Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect! First, I love how you're choosing a word per month. I might try that myself one of these years. :) Your choice this month to focus on loving God, loving yourself, and loving others is the crux of our whole human purpose. Beautiful. Thanks for adding this to our One Word February linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This resonates with me so much. My WOTY is Heal and I'm doing a theme every month. I did consider love this month, but I've chosen prayer instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, loving others is a wonderful thing. Our church collects Valentine items for the residents of the nursing home next door to our building. It is a wonderful way to let those residents remember they are loved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!