Monday, March 13, 2023

Actions

My One Word for 2023 is Explore. In the spirit of exploration, I made the decision not to stop at one word this year - but to also have a word for each month.  

My word for March is Actions.

Actions came to mind as I was reflecting on my words for the first two months of the year:  Create and Love.  I realized that both of these words require action.  

You can't create without doing something.  Just thinking of or being inspired with an idea or isn't enough.  It requires action to actually bring it to fruition and create something from the concept. It is in the action that the actual creating occurs.

We often think of love as a feeling.  But just feeling love isn't enough.  You can say, "I love you", but with out actions to demonstrate that love - they are just empty words.  Love is - at the heart of it (no pun intended) - an action word. 

Without actions, goals are little more than dreams. You can write them down and make all the plans. But unless you take actions, you will most likely never achieve those goals.

Imagine the life you want to live, the person you want to be, and the things you want to do. Just dreaming about these things is not going to make them reality. You have to take actions if you want to live that ideal life. 

So, this month I am taking action. I am taking steps to.complete some projects that have been on my to-do list for weeks, months, or (in some cases) even years. I am thinking about - and actually taking action on - small steps every day that move me closer to the ideal life I want to live and the person I want to be. 

What actions will.you take this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!