Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Farewell to November

Remember last month when I said October had been a fast-paced whirlwind of activity? Little did I know what November had planned for us! It feels like my birthday was about five minutes ago. Yet, here we are - already at the end of the month!

The Man of the House did more traveling for work this month. In fact, he had to head off to Boston on my birthday (November 1).  And he was in California for several days right before Thanksgiving.  Hopefully the travel schedule will slow for the remainder of the year and I can enjoy having him at home in the evenings. 

The nice thing about his travels is when I am able to tag along. While he was in Boston at the beginning of the month, I flew up on that Friday to join him. We spent a Saturday exploring Boston - walking the entire Freedom Trail and ending the day with dinner at a historic tavern in Charlestown. Sunday we took the train down to Foxborough to catch a football game at Gillette Stadium. It was my first time visiting Boston, and I very much enjoyed the city. 

While I was a little disappointed that the Man had to be away for my birthday,  it was still a nice day.  I had lunch with my dad and his wife.  And that evening my daughter's family took me out to dinner. The next day when I realized that I had not even treated myself to a single piece of cake on my big day, my sister sent me a lovely tower of cakes from Nothing Bundt Cake to remedy the situation.  

Just before Thanksgiving we were finally able to get the last two replacement windows installed and the damaged patio door was swapped out.  That same day, the install of our new siding began. It's still an ongoing project and sometimes it feels like one bump in the road after another. But hopefully by the end of next week everything will finally be wrapped up. 

Our Thanksgiving was nice. The kids and grandkids were here.  I enjoyed seeing the youngest grandbaby enjoying some Thanksgiving foods for the first time.  On Black Friday,  the female offspring and I did some Christmas shopping.  We didn't head out at the crack of dawn which was just fine with me! I was still able to get a good start on the gift shopping.  

November seemed like a quick month.   But it was a good one!  

What is your favorite memory from November?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!