Monday, November 13, 2023

Reflection

My One Word for 2023 is Explore. In the spirit of exploration, I made the decision not to stop at one word this year - but to also have a word for each month.

For November that word is: Reflection

Every year as my birthday comes around on the first of November, I find myself reflecting on my life.  I look back at where I have been and how far I have come over the previous years. I think about where I am now. And I consider where I want to go, what I want to do,  and who I want to be in the future. 

I am reflecting on my personal patterns, habits, and behaviors. What's still working for me? What's no longer working? What can I remove, add, or change to improve my life?

With only two months left in the calender year, this is often when I start thinking about the next one. I reflect on how I did with my goals for the current year and what I might want to accomplish in the next year. I am also reflecting on my one word for next year by looking back at this year and considering making a significant change

This isn't a time for self doubt, criticism, comparison, or negative self talk. Although, if I'm being honest - it sometimes turns into that and has to be guided back to something more positive and constructive. This time of reflection is about remembrance, honest evaluation, and dreaming/planning.

Do you regularly spend time in self reflection and evaluation?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!