Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Peace

January and February each brought their own busyness, challenges, and turmoils.  So, when it came time to select a word of the month for March I knew exactly what that word would be.  The thing my spirit was craving at that moment- Peace.

I'm talking about that sense of inner calm,  despite the situations and circumstances surrounding you.  It's not about living a life completely free of troubles or hardship.  It's finding acceptance and tranquility amidst the storms. 

Peace can't be found it in the house you live in, the car you drive, the job title you hold, or the amount in your bank account.  It doesn't come from likes or follows.  

Peace is found in acceptance and mindfulness.  It's knowing who you are, what you believe in, and having a sense of purpose.  It's found in the things and processes that quiet the mind and bring joy to the heart.  

Peace also means a sense of control. Knowing the activities, people, and things that are hurtful to your inner peace and limiting or eliminating them. It is being aware of and capturing negative thoughts rather than dwelling on them.  And cultivating the things, activities, relationships,  and thoughts that nurture your inner peace. 

I find my peace when I sit by the water or take a walk in nature. I find peace in the repetative process of my crochet. In a good book and a warm beverage. It's in the quiet mornings when I spend time in prayer and gratitude. In the calm of holding my baby grandson as he sleeps. In the warm touch of holding my husband's hand. 

What nurtures your sense of peace?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!