Friday, March 1, 2024

Welcome March

Happy March, y'all!!  This is going to be a good month.  I can feel it in my soul.  The blog has a new name and I have some new ideas be brewing for the next few weeks.  Spring is right around the corner, and Easter is coming in early this year.  

My mother is celebrating a big milestone birthday this month.  It can be challenging to see our parents age, especially if they have health challenges. But I know that I am incredibly blessed to still have mine here with us! Happy early birthday, Mom!

I had high hopes that our renovations on the exterior of the house would finally be completed in February.  They were not.  In fact, there was no new progress.  This month marks a year since we started this process.  And, to be honest, it's starting to get a little tiresome. 

My dachshund, Max, needs to be scheduled for his semiannual exam with the veterinarian this month. And I am extremely nervous about it.  He's due for a rabies vaccine.  The last time he had one, it didn't go well. He had a reaction - vomiting, hives and his little eyes swelled up.  We ended up at the emergency vet for a steroid shot and left with a round of prednisone.  So... Yeh, I am so worried about him having to get another!

My reading list for the month starts off with Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros.  I also need to read Incredibly Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt by the 11th for book club. Other than that, well - who knows. Maybe I'll look through my TBR list for a book set in Ireland in honor of St Patrick's Day.

I am crocheting a new cardigan for myself and looking at a couple of more projects to start when this is done. I started playing with my embroidery machine in February and plan to create a few more items in March.

I had mixed results for my February goals.  I did get the bedroom closet cleaned out and reorganized, but I didn't get to the closet in the craft room at all. That one will have to wait for another month.  I attended my first book club and enjoyed it very much. I did not exercise three times a week.  In fact, I exercised less than I did in January.  I'm not proud of that, but it is what it is.

My goals for March:

  • Purge and reorganize purses
  • Finish crocheting  current project
  • Walk at least 3 days per week

What are your plans for March?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!