Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Goodbye, April

Oh, for goodness sake, April - what were you playing at?  After March left me feeling more than a little exhausted,  I was really hoping to catch some sort of a break in the month of April.  Apparently April had different plans!

The month started fresh out of the gate on the heels of Easter.  Easter was something in, and of, itself with all plans for the day going completely topsy-turvy at the last minute. But as they say - all's well that ends well, and we made the best of it.

At the beginning of the month, every week looked like it was going to be quiet and I would have a chance to catch up on a few things.  But it never seemed to work out that way.  Life happened, as it always does. 

As the middle of the month rolled around,  my calendar was full and fuller.  Between the dogs and myself - I will have been in some sort of doctor's office 7 out of the last 14 days.   The last one being today for my mammogram.  That's a lot of appointments. I hope not to see the inside of any more medical offices for a while. 

My stomach issues continue. They improved somewhat with the medication, but not as much as hoped/expected.  So, I'm starting a different medication and I am scheduled for an upper endoscopy in July. 

There was beauty in April.   We saw some amazing sunsets. The cherry trees, tulips,  lilacs, and dogwoods blossomed. The trees shifted from bare lacy branches to lush green. 

My goals for April were mostly displaced, postponed, or abandoned.  Too many other things came along to take their place.  And some days nothing more than a weariness and a longing for rest made my to do list seem somehow unimportant. 

Looking back,  I suppose I would describe April as a very long month that went by very quickly. 

How would you describe your April?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!