Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Hello, May!

Here we go again.  Another new month stretches out ahead of us, full of hope and promise.  May feels like a month for fresh starts and new beginnings. 

May is always a joyful month for me. It is the month we celebrate the birthday of my second born and only son. He may be turning 26 this year,  but to me he'll always be my baby boy.  (I'm sure he would love to see me saying that.  Haha)

The Man of the House and I have a short getaway planned to the beach this month.  A long weekend just outside of Charleston,  South Carolina.  And it can't come soon enough.  I need some time by the ocean to calm my spirit. 

My reading list for April includes: The Cemetery of Untold Stories by Julia Alvarez,  finishing Normal Women by Philippa Gregory,  and The Gunseller by Hugh Laurie.  Yes, that Hugh Laurie.  That last one is the selection for book club.  It's not one I probably ever would have picked up for myself,  so I'm very curious to see what I think of it.

I'm in the last stages of crocheting a granny square sweater vest for myself.  It feels as if this ribbed edging is going to take forever. But when it's done I will have another fun item to wear that I made with my own hands.  I am also about to begin a cute crossbody bag for my daughter.  I knew I wanted to make it,  and it seemed like a perfect accessory for her style.

My word for the month of April is "Nurture". It's a great word,  one I need so very much right now. But we'll talk more about that soon.

If you read yesterday's post,  you know that April completely threw me off my goal completion game.  Because of that,  most of May's goals are things I didn't accomplish in April.  

May Goals:

  • Clean out and reorganize pantry 
  • Finish sweater vest 
  • Meditate for fifteen minutes at least three days per week 
  • Walk three days per week 
What are your plans and goals for the month of May?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!