Wednesday, May 25, 2022

The Endless To Be Read List

At what point do you start thinking about what you’ll read next? 

I'm usually thinking about what I'll read, after I read the book I am going to read after the book I will read after the book I am currently reading! 

Confused?

Truth is - I never stop thinking about what I am going to read next.  Or after that, or after that!  My TBR (to be read) list is a mile long.  And never seems to get any shorter.


I often find myself thinking about a book I want to read and have to remind myself that I have 2 or 3 (or more!) books stacked up on the nightstand or waiting in my Kindle which need attention before I can get to the book I was thinking about.  So the TBR pile gets even bigger. 

I can spend hours at the library or the book store just wandering the stacks, picking out books I want to read.  Or on the the digital library or Amazon checking out the latest offerings for my Kindle.  Money constraints usually limit my pile from the bookstore or for the Kindle from getting out of hand.  But at the library I have to cut myself off at a certain point because I know I'll never get around to reading all the books I want to take home before they have to be returned.  And the TBR list grows longer.

It's a self feeding, never ending, circle of a cycle.  But I can't complain.  I love to read.  I have since I was a little kid.  I actually can say I have a fear of suddenly having nothing to read - and I plan to make sure I never have to realize that nightmare.  By keeping the endless TBR pile fed and growing.

So, tell me - when do you start thinking about what you’ll read next? 

Am I as strange as I think I am?  Or do others think that far ahead in their reading lists?

2 comments:

  1. Wellll... :) I can't answer those last two questions for you, but I do know I don't think that far ahead about what I want to read. But, I don't really consider myself 'a reader.' I love to read but only when I have a great book on hand. If not, then I find other ways to fill my time. Recently I just finished a book called Calculated by Nova McBee. It's the first in a series and I can't wait to get the next one. In the mean time I went to the library with my daughter last week and while we were looking for the book she wanted, I found Tom Hanks Uncommon Type. It's just a book of short stories but it's been so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I've added 2 more books to my TBR list! 😂

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!