Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Birthday Road Trip

Earlier this month, the family went up to Pigeon Forge for the day to celebrate my birthday.  It was such a nice way to spend a Saturday, I had to just share a little with you.

Normally, I dread a drive up I-40 through the Pigeon River Gorge.  The big trucks, the curvy road, and lane barriers and the mountains just make for one crazy, claustrophobic, scary ride.  Fortunately it was a lovely day, the traffic was light (with oddly very few semis) and the fall colors were just on the downside of peak.  It was beautiful!



The morning started with a stop I knew the male offspring would enjoy - the Smokey Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville.  After that we did some shopping at the outlets in Pigeon Forge, and then grabbed a light lunch.

Next up was my very favorite spot in Pigeon Forge... The Christmas Place!


I managed to talk the family into posing for some silly pictures.



I really love this store!  I could spend hours just looking at all the decorations and trees.  It's like getting to hang out in Santa's workshop!


From there we went down to the Old Mill.  Where we browsed in the shops... and bought far too much candy!

The day ended with dinner at my favorite restaurant in Pigeon Forge: Mama's Farmhouse. (you can read my previous rave review of it HERE) Seriously... if you like country cooking and are ever in Pigeon Forge you have GOT to eat here!

It was a wonderful day with the family.  Part of the perfect birthday weekend.  Which I don't think I thank the Man of the House enough for putting together for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!