Friday, July 22, 2016

The Big Apple is: Delicious!

If you're reading this expecting a review of many of the fabulous restaurants in New York City, you might be a bit disappointed.  I have to admit, I ate more... well... junk food.  Let's keep in mind that my one disappointment from my visit is that I didn't get my street cart hot dog.  That might help keep your expectations reasonable.

There was the now famous pretzel in Central Park.



The pizza loving Man of the House insisted we get a "slice" for lunch.  It was all I expected and more.  Large.  Greasy.  And yummy.



The one nice, sit down meal we enjoyed was at Da Nico Ristorante in Little Italy.



The staff was gracious and accommodating.  Especially considering we didn't have reservations.  They seated us outside, where it almost immediately began drizzling rain.  The Man of the House asked if we could move inside and they quickly prepared a table for us.

And friends...  oh. what. a. meal.  This was the BEST eggplant parmigiana I have ever eaten.  Y'all, I am still thinking about how delicious that eggplant was! The Man of the House also enjoyed his veal.



Just when I thought I couldn't possibly eat another bite, that's when they brought out the complimentary plate of zeppoles.  And I am not a gal who turns away fried pastries covered in powdered sugar!






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!