Wednesday, August 10, 2016

You Don't Know What You've Got 'Til It's Gone

If you had asked me this time last week - I would have told you that I don't really use our microwave all that often.  That was before it decided to stop heating anything.  And left a big empty void in our lives.

Ok...  that might be is definitely over dramatizing the situation a tiny bit. (something I happen to do very well)

However, I did learn that I rely on that little piece of technology much more than I thought I did.  Like when my coffee went cold and I wasn't able to do a quick 30 second reheat.  And when I wanted to quickly steam a bag of frozen peas to go with dinner.  Which suddenly became a whole thing involving pots and a steamer basket.  And when I wanted to warm some left over chili for lunch but the microwave said...

(You're welcome for that awesome reference.  Sometimes I'm all 1990s cool like that).

Not to mention that I now had nothing on which to set my basket full of scented wax melts!  Which reminds me... did I show y'all my cute new little wax burner?  This was a thrift store find which made me super happy.  Because A) I love wax burners... and  2) because... Bees.



Any way.., back to the original story.  Fortunately after a little online searching and a little help from Amazon Prime, a new microwave arrived at our door yesterday.


Sadly, it was about an hour after I had to heat up that chili the "old fashioned" way.  But that's ok.  It's good to have to rough it sometimes... keeps me grounded.

And speaking of "grounded"...  the man who used to ground me a LOT when I was young (I probably deserved most of it) is turning 70 years young today.  Happy Birthday, Dad!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Those little comforts we don't even realize we need so much until they aren't there... I know exactly what you mean! Glad you are back in business, and happiest of birthdays to your dad. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!