Friday, August 5, 2016

August Goals and Intentions

July was not a great month for goals.  I did not finish reading 3 books and most weeks I was doing good if I got in 2 walks.  I did make some progress on the yarn stash - but it's not exactly what I would call organized yet.  And those pillows for the living room still live on the to-do list to haunt me another day.

The Man of the House and I have been doing a pretty good job of healthier eating. We have allowed ourselves a cheat day every now and then (about once every couple of weeks), but mostly we've  been keeping it pretty clean.  So...  yeah us!!



My intention for August is  PRIORITIZE.  I don't know about you, but between my business, my family, maintaining the house/daily chores, and my personal interests/hobbies - I feel as if there are about 100 different things competing for my time, attention, and energy every day.  This means taking that now famous to-do list of mine and each day pulling out the one thing in each category (Home, Personal, and Work) that MUST get done that day.  Anything else which gets marked off the list is a bonus.  If it's not the Priority  item and it doesn't happen, it can wait until tomorrow.  Or the day after that... or the day after that.

GOALS FOR AUGUST:

1)  30 Day Water Challenge: I started the previously abandoned Water Challenge again on August 1.  We'll  talk more about that later this month.  I will say that so far, so good.

2)  Read 2 Books: Apparently my goal of 3 books from last month was a little over reaching.  As a result, I have pared it down to 2 books for August.

3)  Finish Organizing Yarn Stash:  I am determined to knock this out next week while I have my grandbaby-free week

4)  Walk 2 to 3 Times Per Week: Because if at first you don't succeed - try, try again.

What are your goals for August?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!