Friday, November 2, 2018

Currently... November 2018

Welcome, November!  It's the biggest month of the year for me.  It kicked off with my birthday yesterday, which will quickly be followed by our anniversary, Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season craziness.  Are you ready?  Because I am NOT!!



Reading:  I'm close to finishing A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler.  Which has not been my best read of the year so far.  Next up on my queue is Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout.

I took forever getting around to starting Girl, Wash Your Face last month.  But I am finally into it and it is so good so far! I was a little concerned starting that it might not be applicable at this season of my life, but I was happily wrong.

Working On:  Learning all the ins and outside of my waves and curls.  I'm trying to start figuring out techniques and products bring out their best.  It's a challenge.  Some days things go very well.  Other days is a limp, flat, frizzy mess.

Enjoying:  See "Working On"...    It can be frustrating and challenging.  But it's also interesting  and sometimes kind of fun!

Anticipating:  The next year of my life. I refuse to wrap up my 40's moping about something as silly as age.  Instead, I want to enjoy every minute of it and face 50 with a big ol' grin on my face.  More on that next week!

Wanting:  Hmmm... is it odd that at the moment I can't think of a single thing that I want!?  I'm sure if I thought about it long enough I could probably come up with an entire list.  But right now I am drawing a complete blank.

Needing:  To get a little better with my time management.  There are so many things I need and want to do.  I often find myself getting distracted by one thing when I should be working on something else.

Feeling So very grateful for the 49 years I have lived on this earth, so far.  For the most part, they have been good.  I have been very blessed.

So... what are you up to this November?


1 comment:

  1. Your waves and curls, that's exciting that you're finding ways to make them look their best. When my hair dries naturally, it's wavy, but turns dry and limp. I haven't been able to get the waves to look the way they do when they're wet. So I blow dry and straighten. :) For me, November is all about our big outreach at work. We feed about 1500 people on Thanksgiving day and I lead the busers and servers. It's a big job and we're all exhausted at the end of the day, but it's hard to describe the joy we get from serving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!