Wednesday, November 28, 2018

When The Phone Rings at 5AM

When the phone rings at 5:30 in the morning, our first instinct is to think that something must be wrong.  Why else would someone be reaching out at that time of the morning?

This morning, I discovered that such an early wake up call can be a good thing.

When my phone woke me up in the pre-dawn this morning, it was my daughter. The grandkid's school was closed due to some snow and subzero wind hills.  Leaving them unexpectedly scrambling for childcare.

An unplanned day with the grandkid? Yes, please!



Does this mean my day of crochet, painting my toenails, and deep conditioning my hair have been altered? Yes!

Are you going to hear me complaining about that? Nope!!

Right now I'm on the couch, sipping coffee, writing this on my phone while snuggling with my favorite little guy.  

A Wednesday doesn't get much better than that!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!