Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Trapped!!

I saved a bird yesterday.

Granted, it was only in the predicament it was in because of me.  But still... I saved it.

As I was sitting at the table, writing in journal during my morning quiet time and drinking coffee - I heard an odd noise.  At first, I thought it was some snow or ice sliding off the roof or the gutters.  But when the noise would pause for a moment or two and then start back up - I got curious.

I peeked out the sliding door and, to my horror, I realized that a sparrow was caught inside my mason jar bird feeder!



My best guess is that because the feeder was just about empty, he must have been reaching for some remaining seed and was just small enough to slip inside one of the portals for feeding. Once inside, he couldn't figure how to maneuver himself (herself? I've just been assuming it's a male) back out. 

I quickly took down the feeder and opened it to release my poor feathered friend back into the wild.

I'm just so grateful I was here and close enough to hear it before he hurt himself.  Or worse.

Note to Self:  Keep feeder filled, or bring inside, from now on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!