Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A Space for Me

When I go visit my sister - she always makes sure she has coffee and creamer in the house for me.  Even though she's a tea drinker.  She does this because she cares about me.  And she wants me to feel at home in her house.  

That's what we do, right?  When you are having special guests, you try to make things extra nice for them.  You do things to try to make them feel at home.  



For example, maybe you make sure you have your guests' favorite food.  Or you put some nice soaps or extra toiletries in the bathroom for them. Or have their favorite magazine for them to read if they can't sleep at night.

In the Bible, Jesus tells His disciples that He is going to prepare a place for them in His Father's house.  



As I was reading this verse the other day, I thought how I love this imagery.  Jesus loving preparing a space for each of us.  A room for us in the Father's home.  Each one crafted with one special person in mind.  Because He loves us and wants each of us to feel completely at home. 

I began wondering what the room He prepared especially for me might look like.  

I think my room would be like a vast library, filled with all the books I didn't have time to read during my time on earth.  Along with my favorites that I enjoy reading over and over again. 



There would be the most comfortable chair you can imagine, with a bottomless cup of coffee beside it - just within reach.  

And a balcony overlooking the water.  Preferably a beach where I can hear the waves breaking on the sand and watch the sunrise (and/or set) over the water.  With a bird feeder where every type of bird will come to visit.  

It will always be the perfect temperature.  The mornings are warm and foggy.  And the afternoons are a perfect mixture of sun, rain and snow.  

Obviously, I have no idea what my place in the Father's house will really be like.  Only that it will be more than I could possible begin to picture.  

But it is fun to imagine.  

What would your room in Heaven be like?






2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Sounds wonderful and maybe we can visit each other. 😊 I can't even imagine what my room will be like but I know it'll be perfect for me because God will pick it out! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is amazing! I like a lot of the same things, lots of books. A view, of the ocean or the mountains, I don't care. I don't have a view now and I pray the Lord gives me a view in heaven. I'd want a big table where I could spread out my study Bible and journals... oh He loves us so much! Thank you for reminding me that He is preparing a place just for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!