Friday, March 1, 2019

Currently... March 2019

We all know that February is the shortest month of the year.  And, it certainly did feel like it this time around!  It was a busy month, which always make the time fly.  Between confirming the venue for our daughter's wedding and reception, wedding dress shopping, celebrating Valentine's day, and keeping up with all the usual day to day of work, family, etc - we have barely had time to slow down for even a moment.



Reading:  This month I will be reading the 2nd of my never-before-read classics from this list.  My first (as you may remember) was Anna Karenina.  The 2nd book I have selected is Fahrenheit 451.  Which I will be starting just as soon as I finish See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt.

Celebrating:  My mother celebrates her 70th birthday next week!  Yeh, I said it out loud. Or rather, I typed it.  Sorry, Mom - not sorry.  Happy Birthday!

Our future son-in-law also has a birthday this month.

Working OnSome pre-Spring cleaning, purging, and organizing.  So far, I have cleaned out and re-organized the hall/guest bathroom, the linen/cleaning closet, the pantry, and the refrigerator/freezer.  This week I have been focused on the living room and next week I'm on to the master bath. 

Enjoying:  Wedding planning with my daughter!  We went shopping last weekend for her dress.  I can't give away any details, but I  can say that she is going to be a gorgeous bride.  The dress she chose is perfection!

Anticipating:  I was going to say something about the coming of spring with warm weather and blooming flowers.  But... honestly, I'm anticipating all the Easter candy being stocked in the stores. I have a teeny little addiction to jelly beans.  I don't eat them year 'round - but this is the time of year I allow myself to indulge that 

Needing:  To make some couple time with the Man of the House a priority.  We've both been so busy lately that we haven't had much opportunity for date nights.

Wanting:  To figure out what I will do for Lent this year.  I don't want to do something mundane or empty just to be doing something.  I want to give something up - or work at developing a new habit with will have real impact on my life and help me to grow closer to God. 

Making:  Some cute little bunny baskets for my Etsy shop.  They should be listed by sometime next week.  

Feeling:  A little waterlogged.  We have had so much rain down here in our part of North Carolina.  I'm hoping that as we move into Spring later this month the weather will dry up a little and give us a chance to get out of doors a little more often. 

Favorite Things:

  1. Egg salad
  2. Simply Clean by Becky Rapinchuk  (also her blog Clean Mama)
  3. Spring flowers in bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!