Monday, September 2, 2019

Feeling Behind? Here's How to Fix It!

It was ten o'clock on Monday morning and I already felt as if I was running behind.  Yikes!!  Not a great way to to begin.  Right?

Nobody wants to spend the week playing catch up.  So, what do we do when we find ourselves in that position?


  1.  Prioritize your tasks.  I know, I've talked about this before - but it bears repeating.   Take a look at your to do list and decide what are the most important or urgent things.  Steven Covey recommends prioritizing tasks as "Urgent And Important", followed by "Important, but not Urgent", and lastly "Urgent, but not Important".  
  2. Do your most challenging or difficult task first.  Get it out of the way while you have the most energy or focus.  And prevent putting them off, which will only leave you feeling more behind later.  
  3. Put away the phone!  Turn off your email.  Or anything else that distracts you from the task you should be working to accomplish.
  4.  If you don't have time to complete a large job, break it into smaller tasks and do what you can in the time you have.  Every step completed is a step closer to being done.  
  5.  Don't take on any more.  If you already feel buried under a pile of incomplete tasks - don't say "yes" to anything else.  
  6.  Delegate work if you are able.  Or ask for help.

These tips have helped me stay on task and I have been slaying my goals for the past two weeks!  Do you use any of these tips to help you stay on task to complete your goals?

My goals for this week are:

  1. Mail invitations for bridal shower
  2. Ship 3 orders 
  3. Order gift for nephew's birthday 
  4. Weight drops below next decade number



Did you meet your goals last week?  What's on your To Do list this week?  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!