Monday, September 30, 2019

Planning for the Week (and Month) Ahead

I can't believe that it's already the end of September.  This month went by so quickly!

The leaves are starting to change into their fall colors here.  Which feels weird, since we're still having temperatures in the mid- to upper 80s.  It looks like autumn, but still feels like summer.  This led me to wonder how the leaves know that it's time to change color when the weather doesn't feel like it should be happening.  Thanks to the internet, I now know that it has to do not only with the temperatures but also the amount of sunlight as the days begin to shorten.  I feel like I probably should have known that (and probably did learn it in school at some point, but just forgot).




Sundays are my day to think about my weekly goals.  It's a nice way to prepare for the week and wrap my brain around what needs to be done in the days ahead.  Since yesterday was so close to the end of the month, I also took time to look at my schedule for the month and focus my monthly goals.

Last week was a mixed bag of results...
  1. Ship at least one order ✔ Two orders, actually.  Thankyouverymuch.
  2. Complete order for Winnie the Pooh hat
  3. Prep my gratitude posts for October ✔
  4.  Drink 80 oz of water everyday - Nope.  Not even close.  I think I made it over 64 ounces only two days last week.  I don't know why I struggled so much with this one.  I think part of it was that I didn't drink my usual 16 ounces as soon as I get out of bed in the morning. 
  5. Go to bed by 9:30 PM - I did pretty well with going to bed by 9:30.  Unfortunately, my system was not used to this and I usually didn't fall asleep until 10:30 or 11:00
  6. And get up at 6:00 AM ✔

Goals for the week of September 10 - October 6...
  1.  Find a dress for my daughter's wedding
  2.  Write something for the blog everyday
  3.  Ship one order for Etsy shop
  4.  15 minutes of cleaning and organizing each day in my office


Goals for the month of October...
  1. Lose 5 pounds - Meaning I must behave myself at birthday and wedding celebrations
  2. Receive 15 new orders for Etsy shop
  3.  Write 15 blog posts for November
  4.  Regular posting on business accounts for Pinterest and Instagram stories
  5.  Find dress for wedding - I know, I didn't leave myself a lot of time for this.  But I also wanted to give myself time to lose what weight I could with Weight Watchers before I bought the dress.
  6.  Read articles or listen to podcasts daily to develop knowledge - I have a bad habit of saving articles about personal or business development to my bookmarks or Pinterest and never actually reading them.  They don't do me much good that way.
  7.  Write something for the blog everyday - this doesn't mean I'll be posting every day.  I just want to develop a better habit for writing daily.  Whether it's an actual post, a rough draft, or even just an outline for an idea.
It's going to be a busy month between the Man of the House's birthday and our daughter's wedding (which also means family visiting from out of town).  But by breaking each of my goals down into weekly and daily tasks, I should be able to accomplish everything on my list. 

What are your goals for this week?  What's on your To Do list?  Do you have monthly goals for October?  Share them in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. I have just never been the kind of person who sets goals like that. I've tried, but it just never happens. I will wake up on my day off and make a list of things I need to do that day, but not weeks in advance. I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!