Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Currently... September 2019

Finally, it's here!  September.  The month when Autumn begins.  My favorite season of them all.  I love everything about Autumn.  Cooler temperatures.  Leaves changing colors and beginning to fall.  All things pumpkin spice.  Soups, stews, and chilis in the crockpot.  The beginning of football season.  Bring.  It.  All.  On.



Reading:  As the month starts, I am reading  Pachinko by Min Jin Lee and The Book Of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.  This isn't unusual for me.  I often will read more than one book at a time, especially if one is a novel and the other is nonfiction.  Later this month I plan to read another book for my Before 50 list, perhaps Great Expectations. 

Celebrating:  This month is our daughter's bridal shower!

Working On:  Planning the above mentioned bridal shower and helping finalize wedding details. 

Enjoying:  How I'm feeling since I started losing weight.  More on that in a minute...

Wanting:  To find an exercise that I can actually enjoy and look forward to doing.  So far, I'm not sure that exists.

Needing:  To find a dress for our daughter's wedding next month.  Come to think of it - I should probably do that pretty soon!

Making:  If last month was all about washcloths and exfoliating bath puffs, this month it's washcloths and cotton facial rounds - both exfoliating and original.

Feeling:  Pretty good about myself! During August, I reached 20+ pounds of weight lost and just before that I reached the threshold where I lost 10% of my starting body weight.  I'm starting to see some differences in how my clothes are fitting and how my body feels. 

Anticipating:  The Man of the House and I have our tickets and travel plans set to attend 2 NFL games this fall.  One in Charlotte, because... The Panthers!!  The second is in Cleveland, because he was born in Ohio and is a life-long fan of the Browns. I can't wait!



That's my life in a nutshell as we head into September.   What are you up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!