Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Ten Things That Make Me Happy

Let's face it - the first half of 2020 has been TOUGH.

Between Covid-19 concerns, "normal" life being turned upside down, police killings, protests for social justice, riots, and the political climate - some days it can be difficult to find a bright side.  

Even so, as I've mentioned before - science shows that negative thoughts give access to more negative thoughts.  Which means that we have to find those little moments of bliss in the everyday. We have to seek them out and pursue those things. That's one of the reasons I keep a gratitude journal.  To remind myself that there is always - yes, always - something to be thankful for in every single day.  

What brings you joy?   Does something come to mind easily?  If you need a little inspiration - here are a few of the things that make me happy:


  1. Sunsets (and sunrises)
  2. A child's laughter
  3. Fresh flowers
  4. Reading
  5. Working with yarn
  6. Watching the birds at the feeders
  7. Tacos
  8. Kissing the Man of the House
  9. Snuggling with my puppy
  10. Clean sheets

These things are in no particular order.  I mean - if I was ranking them, kissing my husband would definitely rank higher that #8!  But they all make me joyful.

Share something that makes you happy in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!