Monday, December 20, 2021

Monday Musings: The Grinch

One of my favorite Christmas specials/movies is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".  I don't know about Christmas - but that ol' Grinch certainly did steal my heart. Especially when his own grew three sizes that day!


I think we all have a little grinch in us.  Even if we do manage to bury it way down deep most of the time.  But something about Christmas can really bring it out in us, can't it?  We get overwhelmed, stressed out, exhausted and suddenly we are acting much more like the grinch than one of the citizens of Whoville.   

Maybe you get short-tempered.  Maybe you snap at others.  Or isolate yourself from them.  I'm not proud of it - but I find myself doing all of the above.

Maybe you just get sad at this time of year.  It happens to a lot of people. It can be tough when it seems as if everyone around you is celebrating and having just a holly jolly Christmas time but your life is less than perfect. 

Give yourself - and others - some grace . We can't do it all. It's ok if not every little thing is perfect. Or even if some things don't get done at all. It's more important to be present, to be happy and peaceful, and actually enjoy the season.

I have along list of things to do this week.  I need to wrap gifts and get some things ready for our family celebration on Christmas eve. But  I also get time with my grand son. And I plan to do some baking and crafts with him and watch some Christmas movies together. Even if it means some of the other doesn't get marked off the list.

How will you be spending this week before Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. I actually had a difficult time this year. Well, not difficult, I've laughed and enjoyed time with family, but I've just been going through the motions. So busy. My home, my job and my mind have been so chaotic and disorganized that I can't think straight. I've had so much trauma the last few years - on top of the pandemic - that it seems I just can't catch up with life.

    I really need to let some things go while I take time every single day to be quiet with the Lord. I need to be honest with Him and pour out my burdens to Him. Then seek His face and just listen for His voice. I know the peace will come when I do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!