Monday, March 21, 2022

War and Peace

 As I was sitting outside the other day, enjoying the mild weather and fresh air, a military plane flew over our house at a low altitude.  It was loud and I could hear it approaching from quite a distance away.  It struck me how fortunate I am.  I can hear and see this plane fly over my home without fear that it's going to drop a bomb and destroy everything we have. While people in Ukraine are living out that terror every day.

I have been trying to keep up with what is going on in regards to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The Man of the House will sometimes turn on one of the 24-hour news channels when he is home and let it play to catch all the stories and latest updates.  But sometimes it all just starts to feel like too much.

All of the images of homes being destroyed by Russian bombs.  The women and children, and the elderly - huddled in shelters or fleeing across the border into Poland to try to escape the brutality.  Families are being torn apart.  I start to feel hopeless.  There's an odd mix of anger and dispair.  And then the "what ifs" start to play in my mind.  That's when have to turn off the television and try to forget about it for a little while. 

Believe me, I know exactly how blessed I am to have that option.  The people actually living through this ordeal don't have that luxury.  I pray every single day for thier safety and for and end to the war.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!