Friday, August 2, 2024

August Begins

Oh, August.  That month which is most definitely still firmly set in summer with all the heat and  humidty, and yet we find ourselves leaning forward and squinting just a bit as we think "I'm pretty sure I can see autumn from here". 

August is another month of medical appointments. I have a follow-up visit for the endoscopy I had in July.  I am scheduled for an MRI on my knee, and a follow up for that. I also think Max is due for a one of his semi-annual checkups at the end of the month. (I should probably double check that and get something scheduled)

My dad's birthday is this month.  I know I've said it before - but every birthday we get to celebrate with him has extra meaning ever since we came close to losing him to a heart attack almost five years ago.  Every birthday since then feels like a bonus.

August has always felt like a month for fresh new beginnings to me. Maybe that's because it's back to school season.  All the new school supplies and clothes as well as a new school year with different classes and teachers.  What better time for reset? Which just happens to be my word for August.  (more on that in a future post)

My reading list for the month of August includes finishing "Normal Women" by Philippa Gregory, "The Thursday Murder Club" by Richard Osman, and "I Did a New Thing" by Tabitha Brown.  I started "Normal Women" some time back, but was unable to finish it before it had to go back to the library. I happened to see that the Kindle version was on sale during Prime Days and snagged a copy.  "The Thursday Murder Club" is the Book Club selection for August.  And "I Did a New Thing" is from my endless TBR list. 

My August Goals include:

  • Clean out and reorganize linen closet
  • Create a new morning routine 
  • Journal/Write everyday 

What are your plans for August?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!