Wednesday, October 1, 2014

As I Have Love You

“A new command I give you: Love one another. 
As I have loved you, 
so you must love one another."
 ~ John 13:34



"Love one another" 
Jesus' words to His disciples.  "Love one another"  Seems simple enough, doesn't it? 

But He doesn't stop there.  Not just the basic "love one another" .  Nope... 

"As I have loved you, so you must love one another"

Whoa!!  Hold up there! 

Love others as Jesus loved?

Jesus... Fully God.  Fully man.  

Jesus...  Who gave up everything - His place in Heaven, His home.  His place of power at the right hand of God.  His very life!  Gave it all up out of love.

THAT's the kind of love to which we are called?  Those are some mighty big sandals to fill!

I dare say most of us aren't willing or able to love fully to that extent.

But if we tried... If each of us held that kind of love up as the example we worked to imitate.  

Imagine the difference it could make in the world if each of us at least made the attempt to love as Jesus loved.  
   
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love this Beckey. In my heart I so want to love like Jesus instructs me to, but sometimes it is so doggone hard! Thanks for the reminder and encouragement. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post! The world definitely could use more love. Thanks for the wonderful reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!