Tuesday, October 4, 2011

That Kind of Day

I expected it to be cold when I stepped outside.  It was cold yesterday morning.  It was cold earlier this morning.  I was pleasently surprised. 



It is a perfect day outside.  Crystal clear blue sky, comfortable temperatures in the 60's, a slight breeze stirring the tree tops.  The kind of autumn day I dream about.  The kind of day that calls to you to get out of the house.  Or at the very least to open all the windows and let the fresh fall breeze air out the house.


The type of day that makes you want to head into the woods for a long hike. The kind of day that calls for a long drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway where you take dozens of pictures of the leaves changing colors. The kind of day to go pick apples or pumpkins. The kind of day to grab a book and sit out on the deck soaking up the sunlight.


It's just that kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!