Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Let's Make Plans

As y'all probably know by now - I'm a list maker.  I love a list and I make them for, well... pretty much everything!


One of those lists happens to be a weekly meal plan. It's a handy little tool which I highly recommend!  It assists me with everything from making my grocery list to staying on track when I'm trying to eat healthier.  I also try to post the meal plan on the fridge to help reduce the endless question "Mom, what's for dinner?"



Every week, I sit down on the day before grocery shopping day and make my plan.  Here's a sample (this week's actual plan)

Sunday:
Breakfast: 2 whole grain waffles, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 sliced nectarine
Lunch: 
Dinner:  Eat out

Monday:
Breakfast:  2 eggs, whole grain toast
Lunch: Deli style tuna sandwich
Dinner: Spinach Lasagna
Snack: 2 graham crackers w/ 1 tbsp nut butter

Tuesday:
Breakfast:  Whole grain English muffin w/ 2 tbsp nut butter, banana, 1 cup almond milk
Lunch:  Turkey taco salad
Dinner: Sirloin Tacos
Snack:  1/4 cup homemade trail mix

Wednesday:
Breakfast:  Chia seed pumpkin muffin, 1 cup grapefruit, 1 cup almond milk
Lunch:  Chinese chicken salad
Dinner: seared tuna, steamed broccoli, brown rice

Thursday:
Breakfast:  breakfast burrito
Lunch: Minestrone soup, 1 whole grain pita
Dinner: Spaghetti squash w/ tomato sauce and ground turkey
Snack: 2 oatmeal raisin cookies, 1 cup almond milk

Friday:
Breakfast:  Strawberry, banana, cocoa smoothie
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner:  Veggie burger with whole grain bun, sweet potato "fries"
Snack: 1 orange, 1 oz dark chocolate


I then make my shopping list based on the meals I have planned.  It certainly helps keep me focused when I'm shopping so I don't fill up the cart with junk food! 

 Until recently my meal plans only included dinners.  But I have found that by including lunches and dinners I do a much better job of  making good choices about lunches and snacks instead of just grabbing what's quick or whatever junk I'm craving.

Do you make a meal plan?




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I just go with a flow and never made meal plan. I should try to make it.yours look great. Thank you for linking up with us at #HomeMattersParty . We would like to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!