Friday, June 1, 2018

Currently... June 2018

I don't know what the weather has been like where you are located, but let me tell you - May was one incredibly rainy month here in western North Carolina!  We had over 20 inches of rain in the second half of the month. THAT is a lot of rain!!  There has been flooding and mudslides all over the area.  Let's hope that weather trend left along with the month and that June will be a bit drier.





Reading:  I just finished Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman.  Next up - Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.  I've been on the waiting list for this book for months and months.  I hope it's as good as I hear.   I have also been reading So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore for my personal/spiritual readings.  I'll be finishing that up in the next few days.  Then I'll be starting Everybody, Always by Bob Goff.

Working On: Making small improvements for my health and fitness.  I've been working to increase my daily step count, making sure I get more sleep, avoiding soda and increased my daily water intake.

Enjoying:  Binge watching through some TV series with the Man of the House.  Last month we completed Parks and Rec.  Now we're watching our way through Arrested Development.

Anticipating:  A little quality grand kid time.  School will be getting out in a couple of weeks and hopefully I'll be recruited for a some babysitting duties during the summer.  I don't get to see him as much since he's bee inn school and I miss that kid!

I'm also looking forward to my dad's blueberries being ripe soon.  I love going and picking berries and then having fresh, delicious, organic berries with my yogurt, mixed into pancakes and just for snacking.  Yummy!

Wanting:  As I mentioned above - I have been avoiding soft drinks for the last few weeks.  And most afternoons I find myself really, really wanting a Dr Pepper.   Thank goodness for flavored sparkling water, which helps take the edge off those crazy soda cravings!

Needing:  A pair of not-too-heavy hand weights so I can start doing some arm exercises.  I have a pair of 1 pound, but c'mon... that's nothing.  I thought I had a set of 3 pounds weights at one point, but if so - I have NO idea where they might be.

Feeling:  A little better than usual!  I don't know if it's because I'm getting more sleep, eating a little better, or moving more - but I really do feel as if I'm noticing a difference in my energy level.  I also feel as if I'm getting a little more accomplished each day.

What about you?  What are you reading, enjoying, anticipating, wanting, needing and/or feeling at the beginning of June? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!