Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Currently... April 2019

Huzzah! April has arrived!  The month of all things Spring and Easter.  Rebirth and renewal.  It seems as if there's something new you have been putting off, or if you need a do-over for a dropped New Years resolution or two - April is the perfect month for fresh starts.




Reading:  Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver, with Good Omens by Neil Gaiman ready and waiting to be next.

I'm also reading The Joy Diet by Martha Beck.  Maybe "reading" isn't the right word for it though.  I am reading one chapter at a time and then taking the next week to see how (or even if) that daily habit fits into my life and benefits me.

Celebrating:  Well, obviously, Easter.  Other than that - my "baby" sister has a birthday this month, and I wish I could be with her to celebrate that.

Working On:  I am still all about the Spring Cleaning and adding some Spring decor touches around the house.  I put out the hummingbird feeders this past weekend.

Enjoying:  Beautiful Spring weather.  I love this time of year when it's warm again, but the temperatures haven't become actually hot yet.

Anticipating:  Summer vacation!  We've made reservations for a week on the beach at Hilton Head Island.   It's still a few months away, but I'm ready to go right now!

Also, the grand kid has spring break later this month and I'm going to get a few days to hang out with him while his parents are working.

Needing:  To purge and declutter my closet and dresser.  I have waaaay too much stuff.  And I never wear a significant portion of it, or I only wear it maybe once a year.   It's truly ridiculous if I'm being honest about it.

Wanting:  I'm wanting the weather to stay warm and dry long enough for the Man of the House and I to hit the trails and start taking some day hikes.  We didn't get out much last year and I want this year to be different!

Making:  Some good-for-me new habits.  I have been adding some meditation into my morning quiet time.  Last month I worked on making oral health a priority and turning a skin care routine into a daily habit (I have never been the greatest about washing my face, etc. every night) This month I plan to focus on taking better care of my nails and making them look nicer, as well as getting back into the habit of drinking plenty of water.

Feeling:  Hopeful and grateful

Favorite Things:
  1. My new Shark Stick Vacuum
  2. Jelly beans
  3. Taco Tuesdays




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!