Wednesday, April 10, 2019

DIY Iced Coffee Frappé

I have a little bit of an obsession with coffee.  I love it in all it's forms - hot, iced, frappucinno, flavored or original.  Even coffee ice cream.  (mmm... coffee ice cream...)

If it wasn't for the new development of caffeine now affecting my sleep if I drink it after about 3pm, I would drink coffee constantly.  From the moment I woke up until I go to sleep at night.  But, since I don't like being wide awake until the wee hours of the morning and I no longer drink decaf - I have to place a limit on my coffee consumption.

Unfortunately, trips to my favorite coffee dealer shop can get expensive.  Not to mention that all the sugar and calories in my preferred beverages can't be good for me.

A little do-it-yourself to the rescue!  After a few attempts, I have come up with a frappucino knock-off .  It's made with only 4 ingredients.  It's much lower in calories and sugar than the famous version.  And, in my opinion, it's delicious!!



I start by putting ice into my little blender.   I usually put in about 6 to 8 cubes.



 You could use cold brew and I probably will soon.  But right now I have some organic extra bold brew that came in a variety box of single brew cups. It's a bit strong as a hot coffee, but allowed to chill in the fridge and mixed into this drink - it's perfect!



Next in the mix is a half cut of unsweetened almond milk and some chocolate syrup.  I use 1 to 2 tablespoons, but you can add more or less depending on how sweet and/or chocolatey you like your drink.



Blend the mixture until the ice is crushed and the ingredients are well blended.



Look out creamy and frothy this is! SO good!!



Will you be trying this recipe?  Or do you have your own favorite coffee drink?  Share in the comments, or post a picture on Instagram using the hashtag #myreallyrealcoffeebreak  (and be sure to tag me @carolinabeckey !)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!