Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Self-Care Wednesdays

When your phone battery starts getting low, I'm willing to bet that you immediately start looking for a way to recharge it.  Am I right, or am I right?  I know.  I'm the same way.  So, why do we so often run around with our batteries on low without stopping to recharge?




I've started trying to take time one day a week to give myself a little TLC.  I know a lot of people have a Self Care Saturday, but for me it's usually Wednesday.  I like doing it mid-week while everyone else is out of the house and it's just me, myself and I.




I usually do a clarifying wash to remove any buildup from my hair, if needed.   Followed by a good deep conditioning treatment.  Sometimes it's a store bought treatment.  Sometimes I create my own with a mixture of my regular conditioner, coconut oil and honey or avacado, banana, coconut oil and honey.

I may also paint my nails or apply a face mask.




I think it's so important for each of us to take a little time to be nice to ourselves.  Maybe your thing isn't a beauty treatment or two.  Maybe you prefer to go for a hike, or a bike ride.  You could do some meditation (this is usually another part of my self-care Wednesdays - as well as a few other days of the week)  You can draw, or paint, or write.  Color in a coloring book.  Sit outside in the sunshine.  Savor a cup of tea.  Read your Bible.  Read some other book.  

Do whatever it is that refreshes your soul.  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!