Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Currently... May 2019

Happy May, y'all!!  I can't speak for the rest of the country, but it has finally started to feel like spring around here.  And except for some crazy rains which let to a lot of flooding on Easter weekend, the weather has been absolutely perfect.  This is the best time of year. As I mentioned last month, I love this weather when it's sunny and warm, but it's not too hot yet.  Like the baby bear's porridge - it's not too hot, not too cold.  Just right.



Reading:  I'm close to finishing Becoming Mrs Lewis by Patti Callahan.  (Because apparently, I have developed a fondness for fictional stories about the wives of famous men)  As soon as I wrap this one up, I'll be starting Where All Light Tends to Go by David Joy.  (Because I also have a fondness for books by local authors and/or are set in local places)  My nonfiction, self-improvement type book right now is Genius Foods by Max Lugavere.

Celebrating:  The month starts with my nephew's birthday and ends with the Male Offspring's birthday. I can't believe my baby is going to be 21 this month!  In between the two, we celebrate Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

Working on:  Cutting added sugars out of my diet.  I did this a while back, but the typical back sliding happened and now I am back to full-on sugar junkie.

Enjoying:   The final season of Game of Thrones.

Anticipating:  Summer fruits.  I get so excited when the weather starts warming up because I know that means fresh fruit season is starting.  Strawberries. Blueberries.  Blackberries.  Cherries.  Peaches and nectarines.  Watermelon.  Mmmm…  I can't wait!

Needing:  Well, since I never got around to it last month - I'm going to have to say that I still need to declutter and organize my closet and dresser.

Wanting:  To find healthy snacks.  I get such a craving for sugar in the middle of the afternoon, no matter what I have for lunch.  I want to find an alternative that is healthier, but still yummy and satisfying.

Making:  Dietary changes.  The Man of the House and I started intermittent fasting last month.  We've been doing the 8/16 method for him and the 10/14 method for me.  (meaning he consumes all his calories in an 8 hour period and then "fasts" for the other 16 hours each day, I eat for 10 and fast for 14)  This has been easier than we expected - mostly since we're asleep for a large portion of the fasting period.  The problem now is that we are eating needs to improve.  This month we're focusing on cutting back on processed foods and added sugars.

Feeling:  A little tired.  I'm definitely not getting enough sleep these days.

Favorite Things:  
  1.  Going for walks and hikes with The Man of the House
  2.  Having the windows open
  3.  DevaCurl Low-poo cleanser and One Condition Delight



2 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the fresh fruit too! Lately I've been eating strawberries with a little whipped cream. SO good! It satisfies the sweet craving that I have, I'm definitely addicted to sugar! And the fasting... I find that if I don't eat dinner I start to lose weight. Evenings are the worst time for me when it comes to overeating. It's great that you and your husband are working on it together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!