Monday, October 7, 2019

What Are You Waiting For?

The other day I was thinking, "Once we get past the wedding, things will slow down and I can..."  Then I realized how many times I have said something similar over all the years.

"After the baby is a little bigger, I can ____"

"Once the kids are in school, I'll have more free time to _____"

"After the holidays, things won't be so busy and I'll be able to _____"

Do you find yourself saying the same things?  Why do we do that?  The truth is, things are never going to slow down.  We very rarely have the ideal conditions - if ever.  There is always going to be some reason, some excuse, why we haven't gotten around to doing something we claim we want to do.




Maybe it's time to stop waiting for whatever it is we're waiting to happen or to be in the past before we do the next thing. 

Do today.  Tomorrow may be too late.  Or, you may find yourself at the end of you life saying " I never found time to _____"

Go back to school.

Take that class.

Declutter that closet.

Join that club or group.

Set your goal and take the first step toward making it happen!

Speaking of goals - my weekly goals for last week didn't go so very well.  It's my own fault.  I kept letting myself get distracted and off schedule.  This week will be better.

My goals for October 7 - 13:
  •  Create Sunday blog posts for November
  •  Ship 3 orders for Etsy shop
  •  Find shoes for wedding
  •  Make boutonnieres for wedding

What are your goals for this week?  What's on your To Do list? Share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!