Friday, January 1, 2021

Currently... January 2021!

Be honest - how many of you released a huge sigh of relief at the stroke of midnight last night?  (or when you woke up this morning, if you're like me and staying up to ring in the new year isn't really your thing).  

Even though we know things aren't going to magically change and suddenly improve just because the calendar turned over, it's nice to be able to say good-bye to 2020  and look forward to a new year!  I mean, every new year seems fresh and full of promise.  But maybe... just, maybe (definitely)... this year more so than usual. 

So, here's to you 2021!  Please be gentle with us.



Working On:  The usual "new year" stuff.  Trying to get reorganized.  Set goals for the year.  Get back on track on some things that went awry over the past year.  You probably know exactly what I'm talking about. 

Reading:  My current read is Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.  Because I adore historical fiction, especially about the Tudors, and I've been putting off reading this one for a while.  

My non-fiction book is I Thought It Was Just Me by Brene Brown. I have never read any of her works, but many people seem to like her so I thought I would give it a go.

The grandkid and I are nearing the end of Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary.  Ramona was another big favorite of mine growing up.  (Really, any and all of Beverly Cleary's characters were favorites for me)  Next up we have Ramona Quimby, Age 8.  Then I think we'll be reading Half Magic by Edward Eager.

This month I also plan to read A Moveable Feast by Hemmingway.  It's on my list of books to read this year.  I have avoided anything by Ernest ever since The Old Man and the Sea bored me to tears back in high school, and after all this time I'm finally willing to give him another chance. 

Celebrating:  There's not really much going on this month.  I'm celebrating having made it through the holidays - and through all of 2020 - in one piece.  I'm going to celebrate my accomplishments this month - no matter how small they may be. 

Loving:  I'm getting some extra time with the grandkid!  His school is going back to all remote learning for at least the first two weeks of January. (a quarantine of sorts following the holiday break) which means I get an extra day with him each week! 

Wanting/Needing:  A better way to store Christmas decor that protects it from moisture. We store the plastic bins (which I thought were good enough) under the stairs, where it can get damp and musty.  I had to buy new stockings this year because ours were mildewy and stinky when I took them out of storage.  Our Christmas tree is scheduled to be replaced also because it was musty smelling when I first took it out - although that doesn't surprise me because it has just been stored in the original cardboard box that it came in.  So, if anyone has any tips or tricks - let me know ASAP!

Dreaming About:  Summer vacation.  I know it's a little early still, but we have a vacation to Disney World planned for this year.  And this time the Female Offspring, the Son in Law, and the Grandkid are all supposed to come!  Fingers crossed that Covid vaccines are flowing to the general population by then and we don't have to wear masks in the Florida heat.  We didn't get much of a vacation last year thanks to the pandemic and I really really need this trip!


Goals for January: 

  • Create (and stick to) a relaxing bedtime routine
  • Deep clean and organize the bedroom
  • Read "A Moveable Feast"
  • Track all food in the WW app and stay within my points
  • Created 3 new hats, 3 washcloth sets, and 5 cotton bath puffs for my Etsy shop


How is your January 2021 looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!