Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Words Matter

The words we say make a difference.  They can express love or anger.  Build someone up - or break them down.  They can encourage someone - or shatter dreams and expectations. 

Whether positive or negative, when we hear the same words over and over - they can begin to take root.  We start to believe them and even beginning to act as if they are true. Whether they really are or not.

That's why it is so important to think about how we speak to others.  And how we talk to ourselves.  It is not only the words we hear around us that can affect us, but also the internal voice in our head.  Maybe even more.  



You can help to counter that negative self-talk that might be taking place inside our heads with positive daily affirmations, especially ones that are based on Scripture.  Research shows that we can "rewire" our brains by repeating thoughts or actions that develop new connections in the brain which makes it easier to have those thoughts in the future.  Science also states that faith can help improve our mental health by giving us something to believe in, a structure for coping with stressful life circumstances, and giving us a sense of belonging, as well as teaching us forgiveness, compassion, and kindness.

To help you get started, here are a few of my favorite affirmations along with the supporting Scripture passages.


  • I Am Loved By and Loving Toward Others  -  "We love each other because he loved us first." 1 John 4:19" 
  • I Am Valuable - "Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:4
  • I Have More Than I Need to Prosper - "And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." 2 Corinthians 9:8
  • My Future Looks Bright and Hopeful  - "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope"  Jeremiah 29:11
  • I Have A Purpose To Fulfill"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10
  • I Am Healthy in Body, Mind, and Spirit - "Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit"  3 John 1:2
  • I Am Filled With A Spirit of Power and Love - "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7
  • I Can Live Without Worry - "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Philippians 4:6

Try to create a few of your own and share in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!