Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Currently... March 2021

This time last year life as we know it began to drastically change.  Since then, it feels as if the world has gone crazy in a different way with almost every week that passes.  I don't know about you, but for me, it has been long enough that the isolation life has begun to feel normal in some ways and the idea of going out shopping or to dinner in a restaurant feels very foreign and out of my comfort zone.  Hopefully, I will have to get used to that sort of thing once again soon.




My grandson goes back to full-time in-person learning next week.  That will be an adjustment as I have gotten used to having him here a few days a week.  I'm going to miss not seeing that sweet face in the mornings asking for a snack (aka: second breakfast). 

On the other hand, I look forward to sleeping in a little later (if the dogs will allow it) and having some quiet time with my coffee. 

My goals for February were pretty much a flop.  I just couldn't seem to find my motivation to focus and accomplish anything.  The Man of the House and I did finish our sugar detox - just in time for Valentine's day, which involved lots of cheesecake.  So...  yeh.  I washed my face almost every night, but as far as a full bedtime routine - not so much.  And the whole "stay offline one day per week" thing never materialized at all.  March has to go better. Right?


Working On:  Getting my act together.  And by that, I mean staying focused on the task I am working on at the moment as well as getting motivated to begin and complete projects and challenges.  As I mentioned before, that's something I struggled with this last month.  If I am going to accomplish anything this year - that has to change,

Celebrating: My mother's birthday is Friday.  Happy Birthday, Mom!

Loving:  The man and I are big fans of British television.  Especially panel shows. Seriously, if you've never seen an episode of Taskmaster with Greg Davies and Alex Horne - you are missing out! We decided to get a streaming app for our Amazon Firestick that is allowing us to explore new BBC shows previously unknown to us.

Wanting/Needing:  A little self-motivation would be nice.  (See a theme here?) A little extra energy would be nice also.  There are many things I want or need to be doing.  I just have to get my rear in gear and actually do them. 

Reading: I am nearing the end of In The Woods by Tana French.  So far it is a pretty good thriller. I'm waiting until I see how this ends before I decide whether I will read the next book in the series.  I plan to read a book from my yearly list this month (either Tess of the D'Ubervilles or The Wind in the Willows) as well as You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey by Amber Ruffin and Lacey Lamar.  

The grandkid and I are reading Half Magic together.  And I guess that routine will become a thing of the past when he returns to school next week.  At least until summer break begins. 

I'm also hoping to finish I Thought It Was Just Me this month.  I had to return it before I completed it and finally was able to check it out again.  The goal is to finish it before it has to go back yet again.   

Dreaming About: 

Challenges for March:

  • Reach next weight loss goal
  • Stick to a nail care routine to grow and strengthen my nails
  • Clean out and reorganize my home office

What will your March look like this year?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!