Monday, May 3, 2021

Currently... May 2021

 Oh, May... what a bright and beautiful month!  Usually not too cold, or too hot.  Usually. I recall a few years when it froze us and others when it was as if we were walking on the sun.  But typically, May is the baby bear of months - just right!

I did pretty well with my challenges for April.  I'm still working on my home office, but I'm making progress.  Eventually, I will have it exactly how I want it to look. I ordered some cute honeycomb print curtains that I will put up as a reward to myself when I get there. 

 I can't claim that I have been taking daily walks.  But, I did take more walks in the evenings with the Man of the House and the dogs.  It's nice, but I can honestly say that no one loves it more than the dogs.  They enjoy exploring the neighborhood - especially when we let them get in the creek! I also cleaned off my hand weights and have been incorporating a little strength exercise into my days.  So... that's good.  

The thing I am most proud of is that I achieved the next weight loss goal I had set for myself.  And I am VERY pleased about that! Looking forward to meeting the new one I have planned!

And now... looking at the month ahead...




Working On:  Well, obviously I am still working on cleaning and organizing my home office.  And getting my cholesterol and blood sugar back to acceptable levels is at the top of the priority list. 

I'm also working on getting the doggies trained.  The Covid pandemic hit just about the time Max became fully vaccinated and was able to start training, which meant there were no lessons available.  And we got Ziggy in the middle of the pandemic.  So I have declared this "The Summer of Training".  I have a feeling this isn't going to be easy because Max especially is one stubborn little pup.

Celebrating:  This year Mother's Day should look a lot different from last year.  We might even be able to have our moms over for dinner or something since everyone will be "fully vaccinated" by then!  Much nicer than last year when we couldn't visit each other.  

My oldest nephew celebrates his birthday on Cinco de Mayo.  The month ends with the celebration of the Male Offspring's 23rd birthday.  

Wanting/Needing: Other than about four or five more hours in the day?  And sleep?  Hmmm... ideas for new blog posts.  Cute and comfortable sandals that don't break the bank.  And some good salad recipes.  (more on that last one in just a minute)

Reading: I completed The Lost Village by Camilla Sten.  I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first. Was it a psychological thriller?  A mystery?  A ghost story?  I'm still not completely sure.  It certainly wasn't the best of any of those genres that I've ever read.  But it did get to a point in the story where I stayed up far too late reading because I wanted to see what was going to happen next.  And for that, it got an extra star.  

I'm now reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman.  Because I always enjoy a little Neil Gaiman.  I also plan to read one of the books on my 5 To Do Before 52 list this month.  Probably The Count of Monte Cristo.

Loving:  Salads.  Not your basic lettuce-tomato-cucumber-dressing salad (although I enjoy those too).  I'm talking about an interesting salad.  With some protein added, such as chicken breast or fish.  One of my favorites is a salad of spring mix with some shredded carrot, sliced cucumber, a seared tuna filet, and a sesame ginger dressing.  Yum!!  Or a salad of greens, cubed apple, walnuts, and sliced chicken with a balsamic vinaigrette.  Or greens, strawberries, cucumber, pecans, and chicken with poppyseed dressing.  Or... well, you get the point.  I'm very into salads.  What's your favorite salad?  

Personal Challenges for May:

  • Complete home office cleaning/organization project
  • Weight is down another 5 lbs
  • Walk at least 3 times per week
  • Meal prep breakfasts/lunches for the week each Sunday
  • Journal every day
  • Teach dogs 2 new commands


What are your personal plans and goals for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!