Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday Musings: Mockingbird

 We have a mockingbird living around here somewhere.  I can hear it up in the pear tree from time to time.  It may start off singing the song of a cardinal, or a bluebird.  After a few (I don't know what to call them - bars? lines? notes?), it will abruptly switch songs.  I've heard it mimic sparrows, chickadees, finches, and even the call of a hawk.  It has had me thinking about all the different "voices" we use when speaking to different people. Maybe we're not so different from the mockingbird in that way.




Last Monday I got to spend s with the afternoon with the grandkid.  I've missed our days together since his school went back to in-person learning.   School lets out for the summer soon and I'm looking forward to plenty of Oma time this summer!

The Man of the House and I spent this weekend in Charleston.  We were supposed to go last weekend but postponed because of the gas shortages after the Colonial Pipeline shutdown.  A couple of lazy days on the beach was just what I needed to relax and unwind.  We were long overdue for a couple's weekend away!  

When it came to my goals for last week, I think keeping them small and easily accessible was the right move.  I did quite well at marking off the to-do list.

I have about 99% of my yarn stash organized.  And the sewing table is cleared off.  This whole cleaning and organizing project for my home office is taking much longer than I anticipated I began.  Truthfully - much longer than it should.  But now I can see an end in sight. Finally!  

I caught up on the laundry.  But, we all know that's one of those tasks that just about as soon as you get it finished up - you have to start all over again.  So... 🤷‍♀️

I also started teaching the dogs the "Down" command.  Max seems to be catching on much quicker than I expected.  Ziggy - not so much.  He'll finally do it and I think "aha, he's finally catching on!" Then the next time we practice, it's like starting all over again.  I keep reminding myself that this is a process.  

Goals for this week:

  • Walk at least 3 times
  • Take items for donation to Goodwill
  • Hang new curtains in home office
  • Order the Male Offspring's birthday present
  • Continue daily work on dog training

How was your week?  Any goals for the week ahead?

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to declutter parts of my house. The bookcases are filled with books I no longer want; shelves are full of nicknacks I no longer need... or want to dust. Like you know, it's a process!

    I'm hoping to get outside this week and clean up our small driveway. There's a little moss growing where the grass meets the pavement and old pine needles from the trees, the grass needs to be edged, the whole thing just needs to be cleaned up a little. It feels daunting but I know it's not going to take as long as I think. And, it's going to look so much better when I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decluttering is definitely a process that never seems to end! Did you get the driveway cleaned up?

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!