Monday, May 31, 2021

Monday Musings: Perspective

 Can y'all even believe that it's the last day of May!? Last year, during the pandemic quarantine, April and May felt as if they lasted about three years. This year, they seemed to go by in about three minutes.  That just goes to show - it's all about your perspective!



Speaking of perspective...  My "baby" turned 23 yesterday, which has me feeling especially old right now.  It suddenly seems like it was a lifetime ago that I was 23. I suppose in many ways it was. Twenty-three years ago, I was still in my twenties, with an almost 6 year old and a newborn.  Now, here I am with two very grown offspring and a grandkid. I worked over half those years at a career I loved, and now I run my own Etsy shop and love that.  A lot of living takes place in 23 years!

My goals for last week were mostly a giant bust.  The Man of the House and I didn't get back from the beach until about dinner time on Monday.  For some reason, I really struggled to get back on track and settle into my routines for the rest if the week. I think the only goal I marked off the list was ordering our son's birthday present.  Oh well, it is what it is.  All I can do at this point is focus ahead and work to be more efficient this week. 

Goals for This Week:

  • Prep breakfasts for the week
  • Do some type of movement/physical activity for at least 15 minutes per day
  • Take items for donation to Goodwill
  • Hang curtains in home office
  • Work on "down" command with dogs
  • Work on changes to Etsy shop: update About page and listings

Oh!  And, before I forget - today is Memorial Day.  If you are enjoying yourself at the lake, pool, beach, or a backyard barbecue today - don't forget to pause for a few minutes to remember and honor those that have served and lost their lives in defense of our country.  



What's on your calendar for thus week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!