Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Currently... June 2021

June is here! Summer has arrived.  (Well, unofficially, of course.)

From this month forward, the 'Currently' post is going to look just a little bit different.  Since I have started the 'What I'm Reading Wednesday' feature, it feels redundant to also talk about what I'm reading in these posts.  To take its place, I'm adding a couple of new topics. These may change over the next couple of months as I figure out what is working for me and what isn't.  Any suggestions are welcome!

I didn't do so great with my goals for May.  I recognize that I haven't very good about breaking down the monthly goals into manageable smaller tasks for each week and each day.  That is an important strategy for completing any goals - taking them task by task, step by step until they are complete.  I will do better about using that technique in June. 




Working On:  I know... you were hoping I wouldn't say "getting my home office cleaned and organized" yet again.  But, yes - I am, in fact, still working on that very project.  I will make some good progress on it, then life seems to get in the way for a week or two.  When I come back to it I have to backtrack a step or two and then move onto a new portion of the process.  

I'm also working on updating my Etsy shop.  I need to rework/refresh my About page and make some updates and changes to the listings. 

Celebrating:  June is a quiet month for family celebrations.  There's Father's Day, of course.  But other than that there's just my mother-in-law's birthday at the end of the month before we kick off the busy month of July.  ( birthdays all seem to mostly fall within certain months in our family) 

Wanting/Needing:  Ideas for keeping the grandkid entertained this summer that don't include video games on his tablet or Nintendo Switch!  We'll obviously get back to our routine of having him read to me after lunch each day.  But, honestly - I have no clue.  I think a year of getting to stay at home all the time because of the pandemic gave me memory loss for fun things to do.

Eating: I'm still on my salad kick.  I have slowed down a little because I think the Man of the House might have been weary of how many nights a week I was serving them.  But I'm nowhere near stopping that train yet!  

I'm also snacking on the fruits of summer.  Watermelon, peaches, and cherries are some of my very favorite fruits and they're all in season now.  I am getting my fill of them now while they are at the peak of their juicy deliciousness, knowing that in just a few months they'll be mealy and less flavorful. 

Learning: As much as I crocheted, I've never really done clothing items.  A few baby sweaters here and there.  I made a skirt once that I am very proud of - then immediately gained so much weight that I've never been able to wear it.  And I once made a very simple cocoon cardigan for my mother.  I decided that I'm going to start learning some new techniques and creating some pieces for myself so that I can proudly wear my work! I know there's probably going to be a learning curve, but it's one I'm up for!  

Loving:  So very much!!  The fresh fruits I mentioned above.  I love that since the Man of the House and I are now fully vaccinated and things are beginning to open back up, we can start taking weekend trips together again.

Thinking About:  I have been considering reducing or eliminating the "made to order" listings in my Etsy shop.  There are so many new items I would like to try out and some things I would like to make for myself, but I feel as if I'm always so busy working on made-to-order and custom orders that I never have time to work on other things.  This is causing me to feel a little burnout.  The last thing I want is to start regretting or resenting my work, which means something is going to have to change. 

Our family Disney trip later this summer.  The gals are planning to do a little themed wear for the parks.  Animal prints for Animal Kingdom.  Disneybound for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, and Disney t-shirts for Epcot.  I made the mistake (?) of searching Pinterest for inspiration and now I have more ideas than I know what to do with!  I am 99% sure I know exactly what I want for Animal Kingdom.  And I think I'm going to do something R2D2 inspired for Hollywood Studios.  I was mostly set on either Minnie Mouse or Snow White as my inspiration for my Magic Kingdom outfit - but now I'm thinking... maybe Tinkerbell?  

 Personal Goals for June:

  • Complete cleaning and organizing home office (for real this time!)
  • Finish the crochet top I am making for myself
  • Update Etsy Shop About Page and Listings
  • Clean out pantry
  • At least 15 minutes of activity 5 days each week
What do you have planned for June?  Any goals for the month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!