Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Early Fox Gets the Bird

 You may remember a couple of weeks ago, I told you about seeing a fox on the road behind our house one morning. As I said then, it's one of the things that comes with living in a more rural area. We spot many different types of wildlife from time to time. Usually, we see them from a distance - out the window or from the car as we drive past. 

But not always,...

Yesterday morning, I was outside in the side yard with the dogs for the morning potty walk, when something caught my eye trotting around the corning of the house.

It was a fox!

This isn't the same fox. 
(stock photo courtesy of pexels.com)

It was right there at the side of the house, maybe 50 feet from where I stood!  It spotted me about the same time I saw it and after a split-second pause it took off down the yard toward the road.

Fortunately, the dogs were occupied by other things during those few moments this all happened, so they didn't go crazy barking or trying to pull away from me.  That could have ended very badly.

This is the third fox sighting by a family member near our house within just a few weeks.  So clearly, this fox is very active.  Or (perhaps more likely) there is a pack living nearby. 

Now that I've seen it so close to the house, I'll be extra careful when taking the dogs for potty breaks or walks. 

Do you have many wild animals living near your home?

2 comments:

  1. That must have been a little shocking. Thank goodness your dogs were busy!

    We don't have foxes around here that I'm aware of. We recently started see wild bunnies around. Almost every day in the spring they're hopping through our yard. We also have possum and raccoon. There once was a black bear spotted by the grocery store down the street by our house. It kept to itself and disappeared on it's own if I remember right. Now there's a 'Bear Crossing' sign there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a shock to see it so close. Had another sighting this morning when the Husband took the dogs out. He said it trotted right down the road in front of the house, carrying something in its mouth

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!